HOW TO HELP
GIVE YOUR FOOD, FUNDS, TIME & VOICE TO THE FIGHT AGAINST HUNGER
Wondering how you can make a difference in ending hunger here in Western Washington? Food Lifeline makes it easy to make a difference and help your hungry neighbors.
- Donate Funds: Did you know that with every $1 you give Food Lifeline can provide a full day of meals to a person in need? Donating funds to Food Lifeline is a smart and efficient way to ensure the most nutritious food is getting to your neighbors in need every day.
- Volunteer your time: Join the 9,000 people a year who give their time. Food Lifeline has year-round volunteer opportunities, including repackaging food for the food pantries and helping with community events.
- Host a Food & Fund Drive Whether you want to collect cans or run your food drive virtually, Food Lifeline has all the tools you need to hold a successful Food & Fund Drive. Food drives are great year-round and show your company or civic group’s commitment to helping people in need.
- Raise your voice: Ending hunger takes a comprehensive approach, including strong public assistance food programs. Food Lifeline’s public policy team can send you special advocacy alerts with thorough directions on how you can affect policies and advocate for your neighbors in need.
- Food Industry: Donating wholesome surplus or unmarketable food is easy with Food Lifeline. Food donors include farms, manufacturers, grocery stores, distributors and more in the food industry. Find out how simple and safe it is for your business to donate food, reduce your waste and help feed hungry people in your community
- Companies & Foundations: Opportunities for companies to join in the fight against hunger range from sponsoring a special event or making Food Lifeline the beneficiary of your event to volunteering with your employees at our warehouse. Food Lifeline provides many opportunities for socially-conscious companies to join in our work.
All of us have a part to play to ensure all our neighbors in need have healthy and nutritious food on their tables. Whether you’re one person, a family, civic group or company Food Lifeline has an easy way for you to be involved.